Monday 4 May 2009

The Joy of Sleep

Hi Everyone,
I apologise for my lack of posts in recent weeks. I have been concentrating on getting my sleep back on track. It has happened at last. It seemed to coincide with the news that my supply of books had shipped from Pennsylvania. I don't think it was a coincidence. I hope to receive the books tomorrow or Wednesday. Then I begin on the effort of signing books and shipping to various points of the compass.

It is amazing how much better I feel after a few nights of good sleep. I don't wake up as grumpy as I have been. I enjoy some morning coffee rather than needing a few cups to get myself moving. I don't fade away in the early evenings like I have been for some time. It is so satisfying to wake up after the birds, maybe even waking up as it gets light. I can't stress enough how hard it is to wake up in the dark hours for many weeks. I feel very fortunate that I have avoided the terrible downside after a long period of hypomania. I think this is really quite unusual.

I have embarked on healthier eating, having joined Slimming World last Tuesday. I am very happy with it so far. I was kidding myself that my diet was pretty good. I have learnt in a week that I was deluding myself. I think that my changes in diet will translate into some good weight loss.

Clive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. It is very much appreciated.