Wednesday 11 February 2009

Do Dreams Mean Anything?

I just saw a program about dreaming. One of the suggestions was that dreams don't mean much, as previously thought. In view of my repeating dream about getting lost, I hope they are right. Last week I fell out of bed onto my back and I couldn't move for a while. This could have happened in a dream according to the experts. If there is a meaning, I am at loss to explain what that might be. I take Seroquel at night after years of poor sleep. It does increase dreaming and dreams can be very "real". The intensity of dreaming seems to be proportional to the dosage. If I double my normal dose to 200mg, I sleep longer but dream more intensely. I have to decide between less sleep and more dreams. It is not an easy choice because the dreams are often disturbing. They are not nightmares however. I do sleep better in terms of hours, 6-7 hours typically but I do not feel rested. Today I feel sluggish and it is just past noon. I had a few days of hypomania and I suspect I might be paying from that usage of energy.

1 comment:

  1. what do dreams mean
    :-Online shopping from the earth's biggest selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, videos, electronics, computers, software, apparel & accessories, shoes, jewelry, tools & hardware, housewares, furniture, sporting goods, beauty & personal care, broadband & dsl, gourmet food & just about anything else

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. It is very much appreciated.